Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, February 5, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM MIRAMICHI AND AREA NEW BRUNSWICK

My brother Reed and his wife Edna live in this beautiful part of Canada. Edna sent me some postcards to include in my Postcard From series.
Ritchie Wharf, Miramichi City and Northumberland County, French Fort Cove are some of the features shown on the cards.



Edna wrote on the back of the cards. " Aug.11. Hi Barbara- Just a few words as I send this card off to you. This is where Reed & I walk sometimes. It is also the place where our Pond Hockey takes place every Feb. It is just a couple Km from our house- Edna &Reed." She also wrote about the Ritchie Wharf- This is our famous Ritchie Wharf where we go some evenings to listen to some good old down home country music. It is a great place to take the little ones to play."

Edna also pointed out the New Brunswick bird is the Chikadee and the flower is the Purple Violet- if it is purple I will love it! The Miscou Lighthouse is a wonderful landmark.

Of course if it is in Canada- the people are really friendly. Miramichi- Some Good!

If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment: