Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, February 7, 2012

WELCOME THAT FRIENDLY WORD THAT ENDEARS

Welcome to my home! Welcome to the new job! Benvenuto! Bienvenue! Or whatever language you use. I know I have always remembered how I have been welcomed. In my career I have started many new jobs. There are only a handful of people that stand out as being welcoming. Ignoring, letting you know this is the way we do things here or my friend did not get your job, have been some of the greetings! So guess what I do and have always done. I welcome new people. Introduce myself and let the person know if you have any questions, I'll help you. Takes less than a minute! I do not pry about personal life or why they came to the job! Just make the person feel welcome! If I am at a social function and do not know people at my table, introduce myself and Adolph. Do first impressions make a difference- they sure do! So are you a welcoming person? Do you help new people feel at ease? Remember there are many shy people that have trouble getting started, so your friendly gesture let's them join! Did I ever tell you I was cheerleader in High School? Perhaps I am still doing it!!

2 comments:

  1. It's so easy to be welcoming but so often forgotten. Sometimes, it's as simple as welcoming home your spouse after a day at work. It may be the first kind words and smile they've gotten all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true! Sometimes we give lots of kindness away to others and forgot the ones we love!

    ReplyDelete