Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, December 11, 2011

A POSTCARD FROM NASSAU BAHAMAS

The Bahamas is one of those southern destinations that is very poplular with people from the GTA. Accessible and affordable.
Adolph and I had the opportunity to visit Bahamas on two occasions. In 1982, we went to Freeport, Bahamas and again in 1988 as one of our cruise ship stops to Nassau. Lots of good shopping, dependable weather although not as hot as other southern destinations. Great to relax!

In 1975, a friend visited Nassau and sent a postcard. " Hi! Guess who's in Nassau. I'm having a great time. The island & people are beautiful The guys are friendly & plenty! I'm here for 8 days. The weather is fantastic. 85 degrees & sunny & hot. See you. Les."
My sister, Marilee visited Nassau in Feb.,1988. She wrote. " Dear Barbie & Adolph: Have seen the cruise ships in harbour- they look fantastic. I love this place-everyone is so nice. Ran into a "revival" meeting in straw market- have lots of funny stories to tell. Every day is an adventure. Our suite has mirrors everywhere-that's an adventure too! Love, Mare, Mike & boys"
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment