Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, March 6, 2019

NANA SAYS DO GRANDCHILDREN REALLY KEEP YOU YOUNG?

Having grandchildren do make a difference in my life. Toronto has its six. I call them my Six. Each child with an individual personality. Just love them.
I find when I review the photos of them- I smile, I laugh. The faces the boys make are priceless. Even from a very young age, they were silly, goofy and well just fun in the photos.
Most grandparents spend as much time with the kids. My parents move away just before my first child was born. So spent sporadic time with them. Always available by phone or mail.This generation is better with face time and other social medias to use. It would have helped with grandparent contacts then.
Living close to my daughters and families means that there is involvement. Short visits, long visits and occasionally a sleepover. Family celebrations together. With their schedules of hockey and dance etc the sleepovers are less. But we are working on them.
So the question- do grandchildren help keep you young? Not sure about young but keeping grandparents current. What clothes they are wearing? What music is popular? What is the latest jargon?
Having the relationship with them builds the village! Children need a village to grow. But grandparents need to be part of the village too. Social interactions for all ages are so important. Maybe not young but really happier! Purposeful! Needed!
#grandparents#dograndchildrenkeepyouyung#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#spendingtimewithgranchildren#mysix#torontohasitssix#familycelebrationswithgrandchildren#daughtersandfamilieslivecloseby

No comments:

Post a Comment