Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, March 6, 2019

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TORONTO 185 YEARS YOUNG

Celebrating Toronto's birthday today. 185. But people had lived in this area for centuries too.
In my maternal lines, there are 3 generations who were born in Toronto- my Mom, me and my two daughters.



The older generations were born in other parts of Ontario. I have lived in Toronto, north of Toronto and west of Toronto. Living north of Toronto lets me take advantage of country living on the edge of a big city.




I find I do not go into the city as often as I would like. The drive is longer due to the abundance of traffic. Taking the subway is usually the best way.





I have done some walking tours of the city as it is the best way to see it.

There is more to Toronto than the CN Tower. It always lurks in the background of many photos.
Center Island always gives those photo opportunities of the skyline of the city.
Situated on Lake Ontario there are so many water based activities. 




The images are endless.




So many neighbourhoods to see.


Events year round to see. 





Art galleries, museums, street art. Something for everyone.
Yes the sports too!



So with its teams- I do love the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Raptors, the Blue Jays, FC, and all the rest.
Is the best yet to come! With its history, its present and what will come in the future, you either love Toronto or hate Toronto!!
#185yearsyoung#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#stlawrencemarket#lakeontario#centreisland#seeingtorontoonfoot#cntower#distillerydistrict#yongestreet#streetart#artgalleries#exploringtorontoonfoot#ridethesubway#streetcarsintoronto#celebratetoronto#barbaradimambro#thesix#lovetoronto#hatetoronto#torontoontariocanada

No comments:

Post a Comment