Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, July 23, 2018

MONDAYS ARE DIFFERENT IN RETIREMENT

It seems my trepidation about worrying about not going to work on a Monday were futile. I recalled the days and weeks after lay offs looking for work.Hoping the phone would ring. Hoping for a job interview. Waiting to hear back from an interviewer as promised. There is none of that now. No need to keep my resume up to date.Time to do activities for as long as I like. No accountability to a clock. No needing to document in a computer about my workload. Do not miss it. Reporting to myself. So am I using the time wisely. Yes. But just getting my feet wet in planned activities. Have accomplished some items already. My exercise program is on track. Walking in the morning and a short walk in the afternoon. So will add the next stage. Bought some cheap exercise DVD.  Some crafts on the go. Organizing little corners of my life. More time with Adolph. Some help with the grandchildren. Now to connect with family and friends rather than just through social media. No need to sing the Mamas and Papas song- Monday, Monday anymore.
#Mondays#retirementisdifferent#justgettingstartedwiththeretirmentthing#planningmoreactivities#startinganewlife#

No comments:

Post a Comment