Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, July 3, 2018

RETIREMENT LOOMS IN A FEW DAYS

How many work mates have asked if I am counting the days? How many asked if I have trips planned? The anxiety and concerns occurred over a year ago when the decision to consider retiring loomed then.. I keep telling everyone I am past my expiry date. 65 is the usual official time to retire, if not sooner. Well I am 68 and half! Then some tell me how they knew someone who worked until age 75! Like my age is not old enough. With fairly good health, it has been feasible to keep working at a regular job. So retiring from a regular job but not work. Why work at all at anything? Well because I can. I want to take advantage of all that the modern forums offer. The Internet, the social media, the instagram thing and whatever comes my way. I love to craft- so is there a way to continue make things and sell them. Basically I had wanted to hit the ground running. But the methodical Barb says to take baby steps. Organize my time and put projects in places where they can be completed. Since it is summer, to enjoy what I can of the summer. However, my major duty will be availability to my husband with his chronic illness. Some simple doable quality time. The grandchildren are on my list too. Summer and fun stuff. From that fun stuff, ideas, photos and reflections for this blog. Loving the summer markets so perhaps revisiting and reworking some of the posts on Granpalovestocook! Oh retirement from a regular job is calling. Retirement from life, no way!
#retirement#lifeandnewadventures#caringforasickhusband#crafts#writing#tryingtomakemoneyfromhobbiesandinterests#goodhealth#usingmodernforumstomakemoney#methodicalBarb

No comments:

Post a Comment