Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, July 6, 2018

THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE

Retirement day has arrived. Retirement from a workplace and now a pensioner. But not retirement from work per se. Once the new routines are established then developing those interests, projects and writing into my new work. Family responsibilites can be managed too. The home will be the workplace with different rooms serving a function. My computer room. My craft room. My guest room. The kitchen. Asked for the last few weeks about how I was feeling. Relief. I made it. With events in the last year, there were times I might have had to leave earlier. So relief. On my terms. When I wanted to go. Not feeling like I needed to leave in a hurry.

A little trepidation. But with a methodical, let's pull things together for the new life rolling with what life brings along with planning and organization, it is doable. Of course one day at a time. With others around me who have retired, lots of people that can offer advice. Well not sure if I will need it but I know who to call. Will I be busier like everyone before me that has retired, time will tell. A different busy. The house needs a methodical do over. Well the jungle garden will give me an exercise plan. Plus walking on a daily basis. Develop a different walking plan and using my weights. I had wanted to hit the ground running with lots organized, I put the running shoes away and will have bare feet so I can feel the new life happening. Less is more. So starting with one spot, one corner, one area and get it neat will be my first week's mantra. Retirement with relief is my feeling today. What tomorrow will bring is a mystery!!
#retirement#relief#newmantra#newroutines#pensioner#savingmoney#changemyhabits#familyresponsibilities#developthoseinterestsandhobbies#anewworkplace#lifebeginsagain

1 comment: