Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, May 18, 2017

#35 BARB'S REFLECTIVE 150- THE 150 CANADIAN TULIP

Available through Home Hardware in the Fall, I planted over 30 tulip bulbs for the 150. I gave 10 bulbs each to my daughters to plant in their gardens.
Located in several spots in the garden, I watched and waited for the tulip to bloom. The greenery even has some white on it.
Finally one tulip opened. Much later than others in the garden.

It looks like a maple leaf. Even could be mistaken for the flag. A neat idea of some horticulturarist!

A wonderful little group of them. There are several spots in the garden and a couple of planters with these anniversary Tulips.
Do you want to know something funny? Some of these bulbs in people's gardens have been blooming orange! Even some of the ones in Ottawa. So I was very pleased when mine were red and white. Although some have a little yellow to them. Oh well, Happy 150! Do you have some of these bulbs in your garden? Pretty additions to the others, eh!

1 comment:

  1. wow ... what a great assemblage of tulips ... and what great photos of them!

    ReplyDelete