Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, May 10, 2017

NANA SAYS USE ME- I AM HERE NOW

Recently my children were worried about me babysitting five of my six grandchildren. Basically, I responded use me, I am here now. I have the energy now and the health. now. The children are small enough that they want to be with their grandparents. Time will turn things around. Besides grandchildren will grow up and grow away, the natural progression of life. So I am here now. To babysit. To be a listening ear. To write the family stories. Of course as the children age, they can be helpers for Nana and Granpa. They can run and get things. They can be responsible for their activities of daily living. So the workload is evenly divided. One daughter even mentioned the boys could help dig in the garden. Hum! Little shovels and gloves may be on the shopping list! So I am here  now to be the Nana I want to be!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your time with the grand-kids while you can. I still get a kick out of it when, after visiting them, they each give me hug goodbye.

    ReplyDelete