Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, December 18, 2016

A COUNTDOWN TO A CANADIAN CHRISTMAS-WEEK 2

Work chugs along and so does December. The snow arrived with a bang so staying home at night and shovelling snow is part of the Christmas season.Lots of shovelling over the weekend too.
Two grandchild slept over last weekend to give the parents a break. I took them to the Cervaro Club Christmas party meeting up with my other daughter and 3 children. A fun Children's group entertained us. There were lots of goodies to eat. Of course a visit by Santa. Gifts are all wrapped. The paper carrier- a hard working new Canadian was given his Christmas money bonus along with a box of chocolates, candy canes and a candle. Corners of the house continue to be tidied for the season and the big day. Last night two other grandsons slept over. Dinner, popcorn and ice cream were provided. We all watched some of the Maple Leaf game then decided to try to find a Christmas movie. The Christmas Carol version with George C. Scott was picked. They were more excited about staying up late.
The children all love Nana and Granpa's tree and decorations in the house. Especially the musical boxes and those wonderful toys from Hallmark that sing and dance. Lots of candies, cookies and candy canes in the house.
The lights in the house make it so cozy.
The Christmas presents are mostly delivered. Both girls have their bags of stuff. I am still waiting for a couple of online items to come. I can always give them to the kids at another time. Adolph took the gift basket to our friends at our bank. Dad's gift basket should arrive in West Kelowna tomorrow.
My Christmas parcels to my family in the west all arrived the week of December 5.
Christmas cards and email newsletters are trickling in. Love to hear the news from family and friends. Christmas always gives that opportunity to keep in touch.
Playing my Christmas CDs on my BOSE system. Those that only download miss the opportunity to listen to favourite ones like Rita McNeil and Kenny Rogers. My favourite song continues to be - Oh Come All Ye Faithful. One week to go.
Work will be a short week. I am taking 2 days off to give an extra long weekend. Lots of time to prepare for the big day but mostly to enjoy the season. Being in my home, connecting with family, watching lame Christmas movies while I sit in my family room by my Christmas tree knitting or crocheting or reading the paper is very simple but so peaceful. How is your Canadian Christmas coming along?

2 comments:

  1. Christmas presents for family have been mostly bought and 'wrapped' in Christmas gift bags ... special treats, too, for our dogs ... Christmas for Marg's family at our house, including both a butterball turkey and a big ham; brunch with my side of the family at Josi's place in LaSalle ... things are shaping up nicely ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to be with family. For me just being together no matter how small or big the crowd.

    ReplyDelete