Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, March 2, 2014

A POSTCARD FROM WAIKIKI HAWAII


My parents received lots of postcards over the years. This one is from friends who went to Hawaii. Most folks in British Columbia go to Hawaii like those in Eastern Canada go to Florida, Mexico or the Caribbean islands.

" Feb. 5/92-Aloha-Maisie and Ellie-By now-Maisie, I hope your back is much better and you should be over here walking (slowly) with Bob. He is doing not too bad. Some days his bones ache more than other  days but he keeps on going which is good, he found a hot tub at another Outrigger so goes up to it and he feels better for it and for me , I'm doing great and must do some shopping as the next month will go by fast. Wished you were here and maybe another yr. you will come over. So take care. Love Betty and Bob"
I love Waikiki. In this card the fireworks at New Year's are featured. Diamond Head is visible in the background.

If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment