Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, March 14, 2014

PHOTOS FROM THE CANADIAN AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM

On a visit to the Canadian Air and Space Museum on the Downsview site in July 2011, I took over 60 pictures inside the musuem. Over 2 years ago, the museum had to move in a hurry because of some development issue on the property. Now the musuem is sitting in containers near the Pearson Airport waiting for enough funding to rennovate a building to have a new museum. Why it did not occur to me sooner but I decided to ask the people in charge if they would like my pictures by email or snailmail well you know the answer- a resounding yes. So last night with my slow system of uploading to email attachment- 5 at a time on each email I sent them off. It made me reflect on how simple pictures can bring joy to others. The photos are not great but the quantity of showing the museum and various themes from several angles may be used by those responsible to set up the new museum. Trying to preserve a piece of Canadian history which aviation entails is vital to our future. The musuem hosted class trips for schools in the GTA. There were classes and activity sessions. Perhaps there was no time in the rushed move to take any pictures so I hope mine may be useful. Clicking and recording on photo or video take a moment in time. Since our family was around aviation, the area on Air Canada memorabilia was fun to see.

Of course the museum is looking for funding so if you know anyone who is interested, check out their website for more information. Meanwhile, I hope I put a smile on the faces of those who are managing the quest to find a new home for this piece of history. Just to let you know, I was not pleased with most of the photos and almost deleted them shortly after my visit! Have you ever taken a bunch of photos and them found them a new audience? Tell me your stories. Of course I have another photo story or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment