Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, March 16, 2014

A POSTCARD FROM THE PONTE VECCHIO FLORENCE ITALY

Any trip to Italy warrants a visit to Florence-Firenze. Our trip to Italy in 1991 included this little city in the Tuscany-Tuscania region.  Home to amazing art galleries and sculptures, there  is also wonderful shopping. I still have a fashionable suede blue suit that Adolph bought me. Walking around and enjoying the scenery on a very hot August day, like every other tourist we encountered the Ponte Vecchio- the old bridge. Well if truth be told there is an old bridge in just about every city in Italy and probably other cities in the world. But the Ponte Vecchio in Florence is the famous one-why? Perhaps there is a story. It does join one side to the other with market stalls!  The postcard in the middle  has Bellotto-Firenze-Verduta dell'Arno enscribed on the back. It is from another historical era in the city's history.The bottom one is a reproduction of Hollaender's Ponte Vecchio- hanging in the Galleria d'Arte Moderna in Florence. The top card or really a picture looks like a postcard. However, I took it! Could be made into a postcard. If you or your friends have been to Florence, you could have the exact same pictue. There is spot to stand to take the picture that gives this amazing shot. It may have been marked spot to stand to get a great photo. I like my picture because it took in more scenery of parts of the city we did not visit. It is also a moment in time from our visit which makes it unique to Adolph and me. Tourists like to have the same pictures that everyone else has taken. The only thing missing is a Selfie! Perhaps if I have the opportunity to visit Florence again, I will do just that at the spot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment