Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, April 19, 2013

WOULD YOU BE A TISSUE OR ORGAN DONOR?

It's Tissue and Organ Donor week in Ontario. So at a lecture to advocate and hear the stories of people who have received an organ or about the family member who was a donor, I was reminded of my own decision. Several years ago, I signed my driver's license until it changed that it goes on the Provincial Health Card indicating my wishes. So I am a donor-if needed. Honestly, I really do not want to be a donor. I need and want my organs today planning on living as long as I can. However, I believed it would take the pressure off my husband and children to have to make a decision if the time ever presented itself. At a very tragic moment, having this delicate conversation can be helped along by knowing a person's wishes! Having a discussion with family members about what you would want to do and what they would want can be very informal but useful if ever a crisis occurred. So would you be a tissue or organ donor?

1 comment: