Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, November 30, 2012

DIETS DIETS DIETS EVERYWHERE

Everywhere we turn someone is giving us advice about a diet, a diet plan or how to lose weight. A movie star, a sports figure and even annoying work colleagues are in our face about weight. People apologize for eating a chocolate or cookie. Why? Healthy eating and exercise will work. Watch your snacks and time of day you eat. Smaller meals throughout the day. But  chocolate is a food group and actually can help your mood. For me it is the exercise piece that I want to maintain. Not for weight loss but it just makes me feel good to work my body and muscles. No big trips to the gym or a private trainer- it would be fun to have one- but making sure in my day to walk, go up stairs, do a few weights- which could include picking up the grandchildren- and some stretching. It begs the question. What is our North American obsession with our bodies and having to look young? I think Europeans have a similar obsession too! What is more important looking good or feeling good? Of course, we can try to have both! For me feeling good is the priority. It means not just a physical appearance but inside- mentally and spiritually! No matter what I do I will not look 25 or 35 or even 45 again. Do I have to look younger or can I honestly be proud and happy to reach my age and well feel good about me? To enjoy a big meal with friends  in the holiday season is a must. Watching the calories- yes is important! But honestly- life is too short not to indulge occassionally! How do you feel about you? Are you becoming too obsessed with your weight? Do you want to be a little slimmer? Moderation is the key. Healthy living! But happy living is more important! Let us eat cake!

1 comment:

  1. Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake ... Author Unknown

    ReplyDelete