Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, November 2, 2012

CANADA IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS BUT NOT FOR SALE

Is a sign I would like to put on my front lawn. As I listen and watch business reports and hear of yet another billion dollar offer to buy yet another Canadian company or resource, I always wonder once done will the profits stay in Canada or go to the foreign ownership? Yes, trade between nations keeps economies flowing and workers employed, but are they our Canadian workers? Some of our Free Trade agreements work like with the United States and Mexico. We have expenses here- Health Care! Are these foreign owners taxed so the money goes back to keep Canada afloat? If our resources are profitable, why not keep them Canadian with Canadian owners? Does foreign ownership give those individuals a say in our politics and our health and social services which are in place? We are a democratic country with wonderful human rights. Do I trust other nations are the same? No! Money talks and the one with the biggest wad, often speaks the loudest! Reciprocal trade-yes! Ownership- please think before you sign the dotted line! Canada may be at stake! What do you think? Do you feel there are enough safeguards in place to protect our future? The future of our grandchildren?

1 comment:

  1. This topic has angered me and many other Canadians for months. No, I do not trust foreign ownership, especially of our limited resources. From what I've seen, the Chinese strike hard deals. Deals we come out second. Time for a letter of protest to our MPs, although who expects them to listen?!

    ReplyDelete