Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, September 5, 2011

WHAT WOULD YOUR MEMOIR SAY!

If you had to write a memoir what would you say about yourself! What would be the highlights of your life! The good, the bad and the ugly! How would you describe yourself? Caring! Loving! Cheap! Thrifty! Always there for your family and friends! A loner! A social butterfly! Most people exaggerate the good qualities and see themselves as more positive than reality. Now if you asked someone else to write a biography about you, do you think it would match your own opinion of yourself! I have been with the most negative people that will state how knowledgeable and positive they are! In my head, I usually say- Right! Our worst critics usually help us identify our flaws whether we want to or not? Be careful! Some people may want to drag you down. Ask the nice people! They get dumped on a lot! If you are crabby, no one wants to say anything because they do not want the wrath!  I hope my memoir matches what I think of myself- nice, my personal history, my life in Social Work, love my family, patient, poor manners tick me off, cheap people including family tick me off, ready to learn something new, think I am slimmer than I am until I see the pictures with my tummy rolls, get bored when I am not challenged enough, surprised about how deep I feel about certain situations, definitely do not like to cry publically and well all around good person! Now I should get Adolph to read this and perhaps he will set me straight! Then I could write his biography. So what would your memoir say! What would be your social, family and work history? Regardless of your age what do you want to be said about you! Identifying those qualities, now go about living them! Be the person you want to be! Hum, now I sound like an ad and a little preachy- perhaps I need to add preachy to my memoir!

2 comments:

  1. “When you put down the good things you ought to have done, and leave out the bad ones you did do -- well, that's Memoirs” (Will Rogers).

    All I want to do (and all I am doing) is writing down notes about my personal history. I leave out the bad bits. I don't want to remember them and I don't want those few who read about them to be disappointed in me. Besides, they can read between the lines that I do write.

    They'll have a difficult time, as it is, piecing together all my little documents to make a coherent whole (if they don't just toss them away when they clean up after I'm gone). I wonder, sometimes, if my big boxes of annual journals will simply be taken to the curb on garbage day. Maybe that's where they belong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments are always so interesting. Are there any real good bits in your journals- maybe you kin can sell the rights and a great movie could be made-you are an Ellis after all!

    ReplyDelete