Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, September 22, 2011

THE LAST TIME

We do something does not become the last time until it is over. For example, I eat outside as much as I can in the warmer weather. I do not know when it will be the last time for the season. The last time we see a friend. The last time we kiss a loved one good-bye can come without us even knowing it is the last time. When school ends, we know it is the end and September brings a new year. There are beginnings and ends that are predicatable. Christmas Day with all the lead up then it is Boxing Day. Prepare for next year. If someone ticks us off, we can quietly say well that will be the last time and gently not return phone calls or emails. Families have a way of creating last times. The last reunion, the last get together, the family funeral. Together for the last time. Coming together for the crisis then going our own ways without looking back! It was the last time I talked to him! The annual Christmas card but no real communication will be necessary. Sometimes someone has had the last time and did not really realize it! Like the date that seemed great but the person did not call back! I have no problem with goodbyes! Moving forward to people that are happy and healthy keeps me energized. In my life, I have weeded the toxic people. Someone told me I am too nice! However, even this nice person will not be rude but will quietly make it the last time for people that sap my positive feeling! I think I see the last time coming for several situations in my life right now! Some painful, some needed! Are you facing a last time right now? Have you had a recent event that surprised you as a last time? Are you moving forward to a first time with a new person or situation? Tell me your story.

1 comment:

  1. I suppose the last time I do any thing will be the last time I do something. I hope that is not coming too soon.

    ReplyDelete