Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, September 3, 2011

A POSTCARD FROM JERUSALEM ISRAEL

Adolph and I were lucky to travel to Israel in 1991. We were attending a business associate's son's Bar Mitzvah.
Years later a work mate that returned to Israel sent me a card.
" Hi Barb! July 2,/94. It was a great socprice to received your card. ISRAEL is nice to my, but very different coulture and people. I am living in Jerusalem and every weekend come home to see my family at the Kibbutze. I miss work and the very good talk-and Jocks with you. But I am slowly get use to the new realtity-calld Israel. I have part time job teaching and couching kids to swim. I am trying to get a school job fro next year in special E.D. It is very hot here but I am adjusting my self to it. Don't forget to my love to errybody. How know me in muki bum, as well as the peopl that you serve. With love-Niv. P.S.- If you in Israel.You have to see me."  I have to leave the wording exactly as he wrote it. Niv returned to Israel after being in Canada several years. I had asked him one time what he liked about Canada. He said the Pies! Even the vegetable ones! I tried to think what would be a vegetable- pumpkin!


Jerusalem is an amazing city for its history and religious significance. Adolph and I had a tour of Old Jersusalem conducted by a Rabbi. He was very well versed on the Stations of the Cross! The Mount of Olives, the Dome of the Rock, and the Western Wall were wonderful to see.


The Kirdon Valley, the Old Jewish Quarter and the Church of Gethsemane( the church of all nations) all have such historical significance to modern religions. We stayed at Laromme Jerusalem Hotel overlooking Old Jerusalem. The Bar Mitzvah was at the King David Hotel. I would love to return to Israel one day to see other parts of the country. Our trip there was too short.
Have you been to Israel? Isn't it an integral part of history?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting cards and stories, Barb. And, yes, there is an incredible amount of history in Israel and the surrounding region.

    ReplyDelete