Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, September 28, 2011

NANA SAYS TIME WITH GRANDCHILDREN IS ALWAYS PRECIOUS

 And spending time with your grandchildren can also be time consuming, frustrating and energy sapping. In order to establish a relationship time is the key element. Come and give granpa a kiss and sending a child on his/her way does not build the relationship. Enduring the mess, the noise and the defiance allows both grandparent and child to bond. Then there are the many positive moments- fighting for your lap, wanting the sleepover and needing a bedtime story read and the opportunity to watch a precious child grow! Do you remember the first time your grandchild called you by name? I am Nana and the first time I was called it, was very heartwarming. Answering the many questions, listening with interest to the little stories and seeing love in their eyes make grandchildren very important people. Do you have grandchildren? Do you have special stories to tell?

1 comment:

  1. I am 'papa' to my grand-kids and I love it when they call me that.

    ReplyDelete