Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, September 27, 2011

THE CONNECTING BRIDGE

In Toronto is the Bloor Via Duct over the Don Valley Parkway. Like bridges in other parts of the world, it connects from one side to another- west with the east side of Toronto. Bridges help us in many ways in our lives. They can be symbolic in our dreams too. If we are facing a change, the bridge helps us to face the change by crossing over to the new life.  In the middle of a bridge, we can see both sides, deciding to go forward or turn and go back. Or travel under it! There are so many famous bridges in the world- San Franscico, Vancouver, Montreal have significant bridges. Pictures abound of them. Do you have a favourite bridge that was significant in your life?

1 comment:

  1. My favourite bridge was an old wooden structure over the Boyne River, near my former home outside Carman. It was a bridge for fishing from, for photographing from, and for viewing the woods and wildlife adjacent to it. I stood on that bridge so many times, the memory is quite vivid, even as I write this. It was condemned and closed to traffic a year or two before I moved to Winnipeg. I still stop there when I visit Carman, to pause and enjoy the view.

    ReplyDelete