Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, September 9, 2011

A POSTCARD FROM MONTREAL

Montreal is a beautiful big city in Canada. Visited in 1963 to see our grandparents away on their ship to Scotland.
I have spent several hours as a layover on several  trips to other parts of Canada in one of the airports in Montreal.

Since Adolph and I could not go to Paris in the Springtime, the decision was made to go to Montreal for part of our 40th anniversay celebration A city with a French twist. Enjoyed the downtown core. Adolph was able to eat the smoked meat for which Montreal is famous! We ate at Reubens. I had a reuben sandwich, what else.
The excitement of a major city, Old Montreal and the Port were enjoyable for the short stay we had. Definitely will return one day. We have not received any cards from Montreal but I did send some to my grandchildren.
If you want a postcard featured here, just email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send a card.

1 comment:

  1. ... if i ever go to montreal, i'll be sure to send you a postcard!

    ReplyDelete