Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, April 6, 2011

YOU LOOK BUT DO YOU SEE




Good observation skills are vital in many jobs and useful in every day living. Recently on a weekend away, I spent some time looking at the view from my hotel window, writing what I saw. It is a good exercise to do periodically. In my work, listening and observing are clinical skills that have been developed over the years. Yet when I looked at the scene from my window, I missed the lake in the background until I realized it was there. Did not take a picture but it would have been a good activity to test other's skills. Seeing means to look again and sometimes to look again several times. Our first impression may not take in everything that is relevant. Like the picture above do you sometimes miss the forest for the trees?

1 comment: