Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, April 2, 2011

THE SOUNDS OF SPRING

Start with the return of the Song Birds. When I was walking to work this week, I started to notice the chirping in the trees again. It is lovely to hear the songs of birds in Ontario. Some species include the Robin, Mourning Dove, Blue Jay, Sparrows of several varieties, Yellow Goldfinch, Cardinal, Chickadee, Baltimore Oriole and of course the Red Winged Black Bird. Blackbirds and Grackles are prolific too. There is something in the Song Birds morning greeting that reassures Spring is really here even if the weather stays cool. Welcome back my little friends! Do you have birds that bring some joy to your day?

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing quite like the return of birds in the spring. Although few birds spend any time in my yard, we also hear their singing, especially in the quiet morning hours. Spring is offically here, with more and more flocks of Canada geese overhead. None too soon!

    ReplyDelete