Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, April 10, 2011

NANA SAYS CHILDREN NEED ROUTINES

Children need routines in their lives more than adults. It helps to provide consistency. In my home I have a spot at the kitchen table for each grandchild. I call it their spot. It gives each child a place to put their drinks, food and treats. Reinforcing that there is no running or playing while they eat is another factor. This rule does get tested. My main fear is the possibility of choking. Little ones do not understand the dangers like adults do. Do you have some rules, routines for your children? What strategies do you use to try to reinforce them?

1 comment:

  1. I guess I'm still a child (or childish) because I need routines, too.

    ReplyDelete