Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, February 26, 2011

BOOTS

Are footwear used for many different occasions. Construction boots, ski boots, riding boots, snowboard boots, winter boots, spring rain boots, a big long boot called a wader for fishermen to name a few. Attractive legs look great in fashionable boots with heels! Many expressions include boot. Someone gives you the boot- you're fired! Any Western can have a character that "dies with his boots on." Am I scared?- " I'm shaking in my boots!" If you are not behaving- I'll get a big boot and give you a swift kick in the butt! We boot our computers. While training for the Armed Forces, we go to Boot Camp. In England, the boot is the trunk of the car as well as BOOTS is an UK pharmacy chain! Cowboy boots can be popular periodically. My mother had a red pair that received several second looks when she wore them locally! Nancy Sinatra's "These boots are made for Walking" was a hit song. Some creative gardeners have taken old boots, filled them with dirt and planted some flowers as outdoor decoration planters! Personally, I bought the best winter boots that have been perfect for my winter walks to and from work. Do you have a boot tale to tell? What aboot this blog appeals to you as I speak in a Scottish accent? I guess my boots are going walking!
#boots#bootsmadeforwalking#shakinginmyboots#bootcampeinthearmy#nanacysinatra'sbootsaremadeforwalking#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

1 comment:

  1. Neat photo! Are the pink boots Adolph's? My legs are attractive and I like fashionable boots ... but I have a hard time with the high heels. When I spent a summer in Washington state, the locals kept asking me how I said 'about' ... then they'd laugh hysterically when I did. They corrupted me in a way ... when people here hear me say 'watch', they hear 'wash' ... language and accents acan be funny ... Brits keep saying 'I'll knock you up in the morning' ... weird!

    ReplyDelete