Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, February 17, 2011

DIFFERENT USES

For every day items. Do you ever use an item for an activity for whose use it was not intended? My ironing board is so convenient to organize a writing project, help sort photos and occasionally even for ironing. It is a useful portable table- can stand or sit to work depending on the project. When my children were babies, the ice cube tray that helped me freeze homemade baby food. Later excellent for sorting small craft items and of course still used for ice cubes. My sister, Marilee made lamps from old wine bottles when she was a newlywed many years ago. We do not need to read magazines or get advice from some decorator to think creatively about innovative uses for common things around the home. I am sure you have some good ideas to share. Perhaps even a whacky one would be fun to know! Did you ever use an old pair of pantyhose for a fan belt temporarily? I heard about it once- really wonder if it works!

1 comment:

  1. i remember my step-father using pepper in his leaking radiator to clog the leaking hole until he could afford to get it properly fixed ...

    ReplyDelete