Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, October 19, 2010

THE CHANGING SEASON


Summer is far behind now as Fall is in full force. Debating what jacket to wear- the light one or the one with more lining. I have succumbed to gloves as my hands have been cold. Little windy today but not ready to wear a hat. I like the crunching of walking on fall leaves and have always enjoyed the colours. It is such a pretty time with the changing trees. I love summer but do not mind the Fall markets, the leaves, the chance to put the garden to rest so there will just be indoor work and like others have said a chance to give more time to hobbies, writing and planning for the festive season.Then all of a sudden the brown- dull sets in until snow freshens everything. As Canadians, we are an adaptable people. From stifling heat to frigid cold, we just keep on going and make the seasons work. I have been driving on weekends and will post some of my country road pictures. Just felt reflective as I rather enjoyed my brisk walks to and from work today. Do you like the Fall? What do you like? Some people say they like it more than summer-preferring cooler temperatures. Do the changes of the seasons help with changes in your life?

1 comment:

  1. I must admit that I find late fall to be a little depressing. I miss the colours of summer and early fall. Even the white of winter seems better than the various shades of brown out in the rural areas right now.

    Walking with mindfulness is a perfect form of meditation, whether accompanied by the crunching of leaves or of crusty snow.

    ReplyDelete