Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, October 4, 2010

THE BRIDGE TO NOWHERE


The bridge had been on my mind for awhile since I had seen it on the way to a wedding recently. So on my Sunday drive, finally took the photograph. It looks as if it takes you somewhere but there is nothing around, it is in a field. It looks to me as if it belonged to another time when the area was just bush and farms, not the built up housing developments so prevalent in the area now. There seems to be a road or path leading to it but from the highway it would be difficult to maneouvre a vehicle. Do you see a bridge to nowhere? Is it taking you somewhere? Or do you see a different story?

1 comment:

  1. Nowhere or now-here? Bridges always link two separate sides. They are a crossing. They go in two directions. They can enable us. They represent a decision: even if we don't go across them or burn them behind us, they are always there, if only in our mind.

    ReplyDelete