Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, September 22, 2010

THE FALL OF OUR LIVES

When we reflect on the seasons it often can coincide with the stages of our lives. Fall always brings images of middle age. Remorse summer is over and the uncertainity of what type of Fall. Will it be an Indian Summer with warm days mingled around the cool nights? Will the harvest be bountiful? The trees in their changing colours- will they be beautiful? We say goodbye to many birds and butterflies as they head south but prepare to help feed the ones that remain year round. Fall can bring the rewards of all the seasons. As our relationships change with people in our lives- children have moved out and started families, friends downsize and perhaps relocate, some important members pass away- we tend to value our loved ones more. It can be a time to decide what do I really want to do with the rest of my life. An urgency to complete some projects and a desire to start some new ones. A time to reconnect with people in our lives. Visit old haunts. A time to decide life is really worth living and live it. How do you feel about Fall? Does it bring different images to you? Are you younger but look at the folks in your life hoping they are enjoying their accomplishments? Are you in the Fall of your life?

1 comment:

  1. Today, there's a Spring in my step. I feel like I'm just beginning my life. Here's my quote of the day for you: "A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams" (John Barrymore). I have more dreams than regrets at this stage of my life. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete