Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

CHANGES


Change is a constant in our lives. It may be why we have our routines and want some things just the way we like them. Fall follows summer even if summer if our favourite time, it must go. Back to school, turn on the furnance too soon, pull out the woolies and put away the cotton clothes. People leave your team at work, so the adjustment to new people takes energy. Sometimes I wish life would just stay constant for awhile. Too much change can bring too much anxiety and stress. Just too much variety in what needs to be done. Perhaps it is why we all have a comfort food. Something that brings some small order to our lives. My comfort food is French Fries. Don't eat them often but when needed I call it a French Fry day. Sometimes I crave them even before I realize that perhaps I am not coping as well as I thought with the current issues in my life. How do you cope with change? Do you ever just wish there would be less change in your life? Just everything slow down ! Do you have a comfort food that helps you to relax or give a false sense of security? Or it just tastes good?

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more, Barb. When changes around us start to spin us out of our comfort zones, there's nothing like having some comfort food to give us back some stabilty. Yesterday, I made a huge pot of my special chicken vegetable soup. This soup includes every kind of vegetable known to my fridge, all diced up into spoon size pieces and spiced liberably with garlic, oregano, thyme, ginger, hot pepper flakes, and basil leaves. I stop adding things when the pot is full. Judging by the fact that everyone who eats it goes back for seconds and takes some home with them, it must taste as good to them as it does to me. Yes, chicken soup for the soul ...

    ReplyDelete