Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, September 7, 2010

MADE IT TO FIFTY


A coincidence that this is my fiftieth blog and today I made my fiftieth blood donation to the Canada Blood Services. For every pint donated three lives are affected. Donations are those anonymous kindnesses that can be given away. There have been people in my family who needed emergency blood transfusions and the gift of a stranger was so appreciated. Recently I added donor to my Health Card which would allow my organs to be used if I were clinically deceased. Of course I really hope that occasion will not be in my near future. I felt it would take the burden off my family to have to make any tough decisions in a very emotional moment. We all have reasons to give to causes. Donations of money, food, medical supplies, basic necessities are part of many people's consciousness. It keeps us human. Do you have a cause you support? Does it bring fulfillment to give something to a stranger who will never thank you?

1 comment: