Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, September 16, 2010

PATIENCE

Good things come to those who wait. Do not know who wrote this quote but sometimes doing nothing and letting life happen can bring positive results. Lately I have found myself trying to solve some very difficult life problems. Some of the players did not get it!! Taking a step back and letting the situation play is so difficult especially when matters could be life or death. I always talk about being at step 20 when others are still at step 2. It is easy with a child as we must have patience to let the child learn and grow. With other adults in our lives patience is much harder. It is not about being right as it is about needing to do the right thing- and sooner rather than later. Have you had difficulty trying to be patient with loved ones? Has it been hard to do nothing when you have the answer and must wait until those around you catch up with you? Waiting is a risk because events can fall apart if the wait is too long. Patience takes more energy than just forging ahead. Do you consider yourself a patient person?

1 comment:

  1. Your opening sentence is a proverb, a simple and concrete saying popularly known and repeated, which expresses a truth, usually based on good, old common sense.

    Like you, I know that I am not one of the most patient people in the world. Probably, it pays to be patient, most of the time. Hence, the proverb. But, I know of one situation in my life where I was glad I decided not to be patient, not to take things as they came, and I forged ahead. I fought for what I wanted and I won. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

    ReplyDelete