Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, September 12, 2010

BOOKS AND MORE BOOKS

In my university days one of the goals was to have a home library. My current home has a den with one wall with shelves of books. As most of us know, books grow almost like weeds. Constantly adding and outgrowing the space. I have books in many rooms of my house. My craft room has craft, knitting, card making, drawing books. My computer room has books on local history and genealogy and of course, my faithful dictionary and thesaurus. No I do not depend on Spell and Grammar check on my computer. Beside my bed are books I want to read- always a fiction and a general interest book. The kitchen has a variety of cookbooks. I have started to purge my books. Recently some psychology and books from a university history course went to a charity. Over the years I have given away some pocket books. Books are like nature- never a vacuum- give away two and three come into the house. Under the TV in the family room are the books for the grandchildren- some new and some from my children's childhood. We can sit in front of the computer to read but there is nothing more inviting than to take a book anywhere and read. Picture books, colouring books, pocketbooks, hardcover books, and the list could go on. Do you love the joy of reading? Do you read to your children or grandchildren? Are there books you have read more than once? How many rooms of your house contain books?

2 comments:

  1. You can never have too many books ... unless you're planning to move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves ... Anna Quindlen

    ReplyDelete