Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, December 2, 2019

SHOVELING IS GOOD EXERCISE

So I tell myself. When I was just about finished this morning, a sprinkling of new snow started to come. Yeah, I get to go out again later and shovel some more.

A Monday like today with terrible driving makes retirement seems pleasurable. I can watch traffic on Yonge Street from my house.

My power walks have tapered off so I am looking for some housebound exercises to keep me fit.

I have weights so can walk with those around the house as well as do some real weight exercises.

I need to stretch more as the old muscles can atrophy.

But being outside with fresh air actually is good for the soul. Properly dressed in winter gear is doable. I still walk the 100 m or so  one way to get my mail 5 days weekly.

When the grandchildren come, they like to play outside. Just a simple snowman brings some joy.

So moving and doing is a good thing.
#exercise#shovelingsnowisgoodexercise#usingmyweightsforexercise#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#makingasnowman#beingoutsideisgoodforthesoul

No comments:

Post a Comment