Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, December 12, 2019

CHRISTMAS IS A TIME TO REACH OUT TO THE COMMUNITY

Christmas has so many opportunities to give to the community.

Toy drives. Food Bank donations. Giving to major charities at home and abroad.

There can be an awareness of how much some people have and others have not.

What I love about the toy drives is the fact that every child who needs and wants one can have a gift from Santa. Not just Christian children but all children.

Even some of the food baskets  go to families of other faiths. It is the spirit of Christmas.

So after donating to the Police toy and new clothes drive, Metroland adopt a family, goodies for the food bank and some monetary donations to my usual charities, I think I am done.

I have to stop. I tell myself- Barb you can not save the world alone.

But if everyone just picks something or someone at Christmas, the giving does make the world a better place.



My mother used to invite someone each Christmas that did not have a place to go. So including someone alone or facing grief or a family struggling to the festive event is an easy thing to do.

Why? Because most of us cook for an army, not just a family! Always way too much food!!

Or the usual family members and make the dinners special.


Okay so the next time I am asked by a clerk do you want to donate to our company charity, will I say no. Probably not!! Usually-put me down for $5.00. Maybe I still have that need to try to save the world.
#christmasisatimeforgiving#reachingouttoothersinourcommunity#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#caringaboutthecommunity#beingpartofthelargercommunity#

No comments:

Post a Comment