Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, December 9, 2019

MASON JARS TO THE CURB MEAN AN END TO A TRADITION

15 boxes of mason jars on the curb yesterday. Hoping someone may want them. If not will regroup in my recycling bins and away they go.

I used to make lots of pickles and jams and other preserves.
I thought when I started to downsize and declutter I would continue in my next place.

So cleaning the basement I decided that my days of jams and pickles and other preserves are over.

Saying goodbye to parts of our lives comes with a cost. It means admitting that some activities are finished and over.

For me it was a bit of a dream. I wanted a quasi country place where I could make a home business beside the house. An etsy store too online. Making homemade items could have been part of it.

With a change in next place plans that dream is gone. No store of any kind.

So the jars on the curb are part of a goodbye to that dream and plan.

Funny though not overly sad about it.

When we throw out something in our lives, it allows room to welcome something else.
I do not know what that will be yet.

But I do know I must keep moving forward towards whatever this good life will bring me.
#masonjars#traditions#endofadream#lettinggotogrow#declutteringisgood#cleaningoutpartsofourlives#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment