Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, December 12, 2019

NANA SAYS CHILDREN'S CONCERTS ARE FUN

I went to the Winter Wonderland concert at my grandchildren's school last night. To be politically correct words were changed in some songs to leave out Christmas. Although there was a song for Kwanzaa.

However the music playing before the event was Christmas carols. Hum.

For me it was such a reminder of my time in school performing in the event. Then my children and their concerts. Happy memories.

To be there seeing 3 of my sweet grandchildren perform with their classmates was very endearing.

To keep with modern times there was an area with a winter scene and props to do selfies or take regular pictures. So of course this Nana had a pic with my granddaughter.

What I love is each child feels like a star for their time on stage! Healthy good feelings. Important for self-esteem and growth.

Nothing changed as the noise level in the gym was loud. As usual it was not the children talking but the adults!

Being part of children's lives is such a privilege.
#christmasconcerts#childrenperforminginplaysandsongs#beingpartofachild'slife#feelinglikeastaronstage#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#beingthereforgrandchildren

No comments:

Post a Comment