Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, December 20, 2019

CHERISH THOSE HERE NOW AND REMEMBER OTHERS

I see so many people writing and talking about those who are no longer with us. The sadness of missing people. Yes it is part of life.

What about the people who are here now? By focusing on those who passed away, those present may get a bum deal.

Invite those in your family and friend circle to share the Christmas season and spirit.

There can be remembrances of those no longer here. Those family traditions.

I buy vermouth at Christmas and have a drink with lemon as I did this with the girls' Nonna.

I add a pinch of ginger to my bread stuffing because my Mom did it.

I buy Adolph many of his Italian items at Christmas- like torrone and Italian sausage at Christmas dinner.

 


My Christmas dinner is a traditional Canadian dinner as I had a child. The stockings for the girls when they were little and some of the items in the house keep reminders of Christmas past. The Christmas crackers at dinner.

Adding pictures of Christmas past to the decor. One daughter adds an ornament of a Mom no longer here.

But it is important to make new family traditions. Have the new people in your life help to create some new ones.

For me each Christmas sharing with those I love is the treasure. Dealing with life's issues- it is a blessing to have people with us.

So the choice to lament about those no longer here or rejoice with those who are??
#rememberingthosewhoarenolongerwithus#honouringthosewhoarehere#celebratingChristmaswithfamilyandfriends#addingtraditions#reflectivethoughsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#enjoyingthepeoplewithus#spendingtimewiththepeopleinourlives

No comments:

Post a Comment