Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, December 2, 2019

CHRISTMAS CAN BE FUN IF LESS IS DONE

We are bombarded with Christmas ideals everywhere. The perfect lights. The perfect hostess appetizers. The perfectly decorated house. How to serve the perfect Christmas dinner.

Life is not perfect. If we think of the memories we cherish about Christmas, it is not in a magazine spread.

My stocking as a child had cream candies, a delicious apple and an orange along with other little items. Loved it.

I still just love sitting quietly beside a lit Christmas tree- reading, crafting, watching TV or nothing. The peace of Christmas lights.

The music always makes it sweeter.

But family. Being together. Not perfect but together.Warts and all.

Yes presents are important especially for the little ones to have lots of things to open. Thus I wrap everything separately for them.

Spending time together. Getting outside and enjoying the snow. Make a snow angel.

There are some expectations. I still do the Christmas dinner so try to make it good and special. My girls bring some dishes and desserts too. But again being together.

There is also the knowledge it could be the last Christmas for some. When my mother-in-law was dying and I knew it was her last Christmas, I filmed everything to have a last memory of her. December 1997.

So what is necessary and what can be left undone.

#christmasfun#notaperfectworld#notaperfecttree#doingyourbesttogetthingsdone#Christmaslightsaresopeaceful#Christmasmusic#familytoghether#beingtogetherasafamilyforChristmas#barbaradimambro#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara

No comments:

Post a Comment