Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, October 7, 2019

CANADIAN THANKSGIVING PREPARATION

Across the country, cooks in the shape of chefs, Moms, Dads, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles- whoever is hosting the Thanksgiving dinner are getting prepared for the feast.
Shopping starts early.
The Turkey is  the main event. So frozen or fresh.
Traditional Canadian vegetables like turnips, squash, sweet potato, potato, brussel sprouts. Maybe corn and carrots too.
Of course, cranberries for the sauce.
Many of these harvest vegetables are so native to Canadian culture coming from our First Nations people.
The bread stuffing. I use my family one learnt from my Mom.
Then each family may add their own little tradition. I add Italian sausages for my husband. Now it is a standard.

The dessert of course are the Canadian pies. Pumpkin and whipped cream- fresh or canned. Apple. Or some other apple dessert. Canadian apples are so prolific. The stores has so many other treats in the form of cookies or cupcakes.
What appetizers? There can be such a mix of everything.
So as I prepare for the feast I think of Thanksgiving dinners past.
How about you? How are your preparations coming along?
#Thanksgivingpreparation#turkeyandallthetrimmings#sweetpotato##corn#breadstuffing#cookseverywherepreparingfortheevent#dessertsofpumpkinandapplepie#squash#turnips#brusselsprouts#lotsofgoodfoodtoeat#cranberries#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment