Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, October 11, 2019

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS-USING CITY DIRECTORIES

After watching an OGS webinar last week on using directories, gazetteers and other lists of information I returned to the Toronto Branch's site with a link to directories going back to the early 1800s.
Going year by year and methodically, I have discovered how one set of grandparents must have met.
Tracing family in the city and what streets were known. Their occupations and sometimes place of work reveals another tidbit.
So continuing to review the directories is a fun piece of research. Why? I can actually see results.
When I have used the data in a story about the ancestor I will illustrate how I used the directories.
Meanwhile I am doing some hours of research before the long Weekend.
#usingdirectoriestotraceancetorsmovement#usingcitydirectoriesinresearch#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#Torontoaddresses#ocuppationsofancestors

No comments:

Post a Comment