Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, October 28, 2019

GETTING ORGANIZED FOR THE CHRISTMAS SEASON

Shopping and thinking about the season is a normal occurrence for most women.
There are so many layers to the preparation.
Actually I always have a Christmas work binder started in August.
Listing the people that need gifts.
Potential social events.
Starting to buy some gifts.
Pulling out all the wrap, cards and tags. Some years I did not do this activity so missed on all the stuff I had.
So this year a goal is to use all my resources at hand. Not buy new stuff as there is so much to use.
Sales occur throughout the season so I do wait for those good ones.
Gift with purchase is always fun.
Needing to determine what dates little packages need to be sent.
Cards are done systematically. Overseas. America. Then Canada. So sending early cuts down on the expense. Always finding the smallest boxes to fit the goodies. Since the Post Office measures the items which adds to the expense.
The hardest activity is keeping the items hidden. The grandchildren visit often enough so I can not leave a room full of stuff. It reminds me of the times when my children were little and having to keep thing hidden.
Doing thing slowly and methodically keeps the stress from the event.
So do you organize early or do you do everything at the last minute?
#christmasplanningandorganizing#gettingreadyforthebigday#christmasseason#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#likingtheseason

No comments:

Post a Comment