Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, August 1, 2018

AUGUST 1ST-OFFICIAL FIRST DAY OF RETIREMENT

July 31 was my official last day of work and retirement really began today. I had about 20 vacation days to use so I could leave on my own terms and enjoy some summer. Time to transition. Time to develop some new habits. Time to eliminate some old ones. Baby steps. Letting some aspects of life happen. Of course with indoor and yes copious amounts of outdoor work, there is more than enough to do. Just some of the activities are quite boring. Decided I would not become a slave to an immaculate house long ago. However, more time to tidy in the moment so some areas just are neater and stay that way. Some areas are works in progress of purging and decluttering. Starting on craft projects while working away on completing some. Several heatwaves have not helped. I like the heat but my husband does not. So staying close to home. July had some events like a river cruise and quilt show.On track for summer reading. Finished 5 books so need to read 5 more to reach my summer goal of 10. A great way to make sure I read as much as I can.  So August will bring some family celebrations, outings and more getting used to this retirement thing. I think September will be the realization that it has really happened. Summer months lull all of us into a different feeling. And the feeling to relax and enjoy!
#retirementisnowofficial#summermonths#lotstodobutdoIwanttodoit#whatisnexttokeeplifefunandactive#stayingclosetohome#indoorandoutdoorworkistoomuchsometimes#reading

No comments:

Post a Comment