Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, August 25, 2018

THE MORNING WALK- A LITTLE LATER

I started my retirement with a 545 am morning walk. Finishing just after 610. Now with the darker and cooler mornings, it starts around 630 am. Soon I will not be able to walk with wet hair. Life can have routines but time tell us to adapt. Walking first thing has also thrown my blogging time off. I used to get up, get washed, get my coffee then go to the computer and write my post.Sitting at the computer in the summer is difficult. The nice weather. The urge to read outside first in the sun for awhile then in the shade called to me. Even the little cat nap outside.
Walking in the quiet of early morning is a luxury. Even though close to Yonge Street and traffic it is relaxing and has given me time for reflection. Many people are also up and walking. Often walking their dogs.
I have a short afternoon walk to the mailbox and back. If many of you recall, I used to walk to work and back each day throughout the year. So I am still trying to find the activity to fill the late afternoon walk. I do have some exercise dvds I will use once the cooler weather hits. Again laying down on a rug in the summer heat is not appealing to me right now.
The morning walk has given me some ideas for writing too. It has given me some freedom. I am not walking for a purpose like the walk to work. I am just walking to enjoy. It has helped the rest of the day for me. I can sip my coffee after wards with my husband. I have the sense that I have done something.
The only thing that would make the morning walk better would be if I were walking on a beach. Perhaps it will happen sometime!!
#morningwalk#walkingisreflective#morningwalkasaroutine#morningwalkisaluxury#funwithamorningwalk#timeforeverythingespeciallyamorningwalk

No comments:

Post a Comment