Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, August 26, 2018

WHEN YOU CHANGE AND OTHERS DON'T- TROUBLE WITH FRIENDSHIPS

Life brings change and growth. However, we are often judged and yes judged about how we used to be. For example, I drove into a ditch on a side street at age 19 in front of an Italian acquaintance's house. Do you know for the next 25 years and counting, the woman from that house would always comment to me at each and every social event about how I drove into a ditch!!! I was married, had children, a responsible job and had moved on in my life and no more ditches but to her that one event defined me. She never asked about anything else about me!! Good thing she was not a close friend!

So do you do the same thing with people you know. People grow and change. Learn new skills. Take on new responsibilities, yet can be judged for behaviour that was well years ago.
Some people stay stuck in life. Others grab on and develop and change and embrace new ideas and activities.

Friendships can suffer due to the change. It is not a bad thing to move on from some friendships and acquaintances. Not to judge someone for finding new activities in life is difficult.

Remember the jealously thing comes into play. Let's say you were the pretty one, the smart one, the important one then someone in your group breaks away and well overshadows you. It can be hard not to feel some resentment. But you could feel happy for the person who has faced life and added new adventures. Be proud of that person. Be a friend. Or if too much let go and grow on your own.

Try not to be the person who always in a crowd has to bring up the old stories about someone and belittle them in public. Try not to put people in a box! I will tell you sincerely if you did that to me, well I would be moving on from you. You see!! I have grown and changed and am not the same person I was back then.
#friendshipschange#peoplechangeandgrow#areyoutiredofpeopleputtingyouinabox#oldstoriescanbehurtful#respectpeopleinpublic#trynottojudgeothers#lifeisalwaysevolving


No comments:

Post a Comment