Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, March 26, 2017

GOSSIP-DO YOU LOVE IT OR LOATHE IT?

Okay we all hear some gossip sometimes. We all share some sometimes. But do you live to know all the scope on everyone you know. There is celebrity news but is it important to know it. Some celebrities make a living on nothing, just pictures posing and doing the ordinary. And getting paid because they have a following on Social Media. Some people have jobs reporting- well gossip.

The Oxford  Dictionary gives a good definition. It tells us- easy or unconstrained talk or writing about persons or social incidents; idle talk;groundless rumours.

Can it be hurtful? Well yes! Can it be false? Well yes! To want to know everything about others means what!

Even as a child, I did not like the little girl cliches that gossiped about others. Who cares if someone wore a different coat or whatever?
In any work environment there are the gossip teams that drag information from one area to another. People who want to know and share all.

Knowledge is power. So is it a power trip to have the latest. I know something you do not know.

Unfortunately there are some people who are not discreet and flaunt their indiscretions everywhere. Extra marital affairs in the workplace can be uncomfortable for the other staff around them. No one really wants to see someone snuggling up to their new squeeze in a public place knowing there is a spouse with children at home. Besides it is a workplace. Those not cheating are not being public and snuggling up to their partners in public places at work. The line is drawn between home and work.
Be discreet!


Back to gossip. Why is it so interesting? Why does someone's problems carry such delight to others? "Did you hear?"


I like to be one of those people that knows tons about everyone but like the three monkeys- hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil! If I do share something sometimes which I do make sure it is with someone I trust. Like my husband, he is not listening anyway! My reality is the fact that someone shared something and I wish to honour it. If the person cares to share with 50 people, okay but not from my lips.

So do you love gossip? Do you spead it? Do you go out of your way to know things about people? Do you loathe it with I don't care about it? What are your thoughts?
#gossip#discretion#cheating#knowledgeispower

No comments:

Post a Comment