Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, March 9, 2017

BE RESPONSIBLE-DON'T THROW SOMEONE UNDER THE BUS

Mistakes can be made in life. It is always easier to find someone else to blame. Not my fault. He did it. She took it. Teaching young children to confess about any mistakes made. Take ownership. Then there is the adult world. Politicians are great for this. Find something or someone else to blame. Throw them under the bus. Learning from mistakes is part of life. In the hospital culture, if a patient and family is informed about a mistake, a misunderstanding or delayed procedure, the end result is better because being kept in the loop brings trust. A transparent process always helps. Saying the buck stops with me. I did it. I will correct it. It is my fault. I will check it out for you. Taking responsibility is always the best road to go. Then there is no need to avoid any issues. So no throwing under the bus, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment