Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, March 31, 2017

CHANGE-EMBRACE IT OR RESIST IT!

Change is part of our lives. One season ends and another begins. Children grow and change. We age! Work brings a new boss who wants to bring change to the organization. New ways of doing things that look like old ways of doing things but with a new twist. Young people accuse older folks of not wanting to embrace new things. The longer one lives the more changes are embraced. I think about my first jobs. Hand written reports were typed by the secretary. The secretary photocopied and well did secretarial duties. Today with the computer, although a professional, all my secretarial duties are performed by me. Don't ask anyone to perform that duty! The good news is my Grade 10 typing course that allows for quick typing. Sorry today it is called keyboarding! Same skill, different name. So has it changed? I have a cell phone or do I have to call it a smart phone. Not so smart when the battery dies and needs to be charged! Can take pictures! However, the good digital/SLR cameras take better ones. Besides the old adage of not putting all your eggs in one basket prevails. Some on the phone, many uploaded to the computer and yes real prints that can be scrapebooked. Framing one sometimes that can be displayed.Those stories of someone losing their child's 5 years of pictures because there were on the cellphone or shared to the cloud or some phantom computer space. So embracing change but maintaining whatever areas of one's life liked. I blog so embraced a modern endeavor that is fun. However, I do not share my whole life to the world. Privacy is a good thing to maintain in many circumstances. Maintaining the privacy of others too in the family and friendship circle! Change is hard. Taking time, if one has the privilege to embrace it slowly. A crisis often means a change happens without time. Emotionally may be tough! So change can be good but it also can be life threatening, life changing and sometimes just tolerated! So what changes are occurring in your life? How are you coping? What do you use to roll with change? Do you embrace it? Do you resist it? Do you hate it? Thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment